Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:52:48 -0600

748 
FZPN01 KWBC 181552
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU NOV 18 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N131W 996 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FROM 42N TO 57N E OF 147W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N127W 1005 MB. FROM 41N TO 55N E OF 140W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N126W 1000 MB. FROM 37N TO 54N BETWEEN 
126W AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N178W 991 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 780 NM NE QUADRANT 
AND 540 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 46N177W TO 39N155W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 13 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N171E 984 MB. WITHIN 600 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 54N174E TO 45N167W TO 32N155W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 55N174E DESCRIBED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N178E 992 MB MOVING N 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
480 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 52N166E TO 47N170E TO 38N173W TO 
30N170W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N180W 984 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND 720 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N174E 982 MB. WITHIN 780 NM NE...480 NM 
SE AND 840 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 420 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
52N169W TO 30N154W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 35N154E 1004 MB MOVING E 35 KT. FROM 30N TO 38N W 
OF 165E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N172E 996 MB. FROM 30N TO 39N W OF 180W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N175W 985 MB. FROM 30N TO 48N BETWEEN 
167W AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.N OF 61N E OF 177W S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM SW OF 
A LINE FROM 48N177W TO 39N157W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 360 NM W OF A LINE FROM 
52N169W TO 43N160W AND N OF 55N BETWEEN 170W AND 172E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 52N BETWEEN 160W AND 
168W AND FROM 56N TO 61N W OF 170W. 

.HIGH 32N127W 1022 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 54N157W 1040 MB MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N152W 1041 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N171W 1016 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU NOV 18.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI NOV 19.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT NOV 20.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
14N95.5W TO 13N97W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
15N95W TO 13.5N96.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12.5N97.5W N TO NE WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
14.5N95.5W TO 12N97.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 14.5N95W. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 14.5N95.5W 
TO 11.5N98.5W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
14.5N95.5W TO 13N97W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
14N95.5W TO 13.5N96W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N95.5W TO 12.5N97.5W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING... WITHIN 75 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 12.5N97.5W...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 97.5W 
AND 99.5W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 90  
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 14.5N95.5W TO 11.5N98.5W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 10.5N TO 13N BETWEEN 
98.5W AND 102W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 14.5N95.5W TO 13N97W TO 
11.5N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 10N 
TO 12.5N BETWEEN 98W AND 104W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N95.5W TO 12.5N97.5W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 10.5N TO 13N BETWEEN 97.5W 
AND 102W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 11N TO 13N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
BROAD MIX OF SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N121W TO 11N125W TO 
07N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N126W TO 28N130W TO 27N140W. NW 
OF FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1430 UTC THU NOV 18...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 09N78W TO 06N93W TO 
12N113W TO 09N131W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG CONVECTION NOTED WITHIN 180 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 123W AND 
131W.

$$
FORECASTER STRIPLING

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.