Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:45:07 -0600

792 
FZPN40 PHFO 181645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU NOV 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 20 2010.

.WARNING.

...GALE WARNING...

.COLD FRONT W OF FCST AREA...FROM 30N155E TO 27N150E MOVING E 30 TO 
35 KT. S AND SW WINDS INCREASING TO 20 TO 25 KT N OF 25N W OF 168E.
.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 28N160E MOVING E 30 KT. 
SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONT. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
ELSEWHERE N OF 25N W OF 173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 27N166E TO 26N160E.
SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONT E OF 168E. 
W AND SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE N OF 26N BETWEEN 178E AND 165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 28N180E TO 25N170E.
W AND SW WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 21N162W MOVING E SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N156W TO 21N157W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N155W TO 24N157W.

.FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 25N176W TO 20N170E THENCE STATIONARY FRONT 
TO 21N160E. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 26N166W TO 
25N175W TO 21N177E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 29N164W TO 25N167W TO 20N174W MOVING E SLOWLY.
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 18N144W TO 11N155W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 130 NM E OF TROUGH.

.HIGH 27N164E 1016 MB MOVING ENE 45 KT. RDIGES FROM HIGH THROUGH 
25N175E AND THROUGH 25N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N173W 1013 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FCST AREA.

.RIDGE FROM 26N151W TO 21N160W TO 19N170W TO 20N180E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 10 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 18N160E.
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N147W...08N163W 08N180E 17N180E 
21N170W 30N166W AND 30N147W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 13N160E TO 11N168E TO 00N180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 16N160E TO 
18N167E TO 20N180E TO 30N169W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF A LINE FROM 
11N180E TO 17N155W TO 00N145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 
13N170E TO 13N180E TO 30N160W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 28N E OF 152W.
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF 06N BETWEEN 150W AND 162W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N161W TO 08N178W TO 06N168E. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 170 
NM S OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.