Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:44:36 -0600

476 
ATHW40 PHFO 181844
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU NOV 18 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 18 2010

A SERIES OF UPPER LEVEL TROUGHS ARE PASSING THROUGH THE NORTHERN 
PORTION OF THE REGIONS. ONE IS LOCATED NEAR 30N140W...ANOTHER IS 
ALONG 168W BETWEEN 25N AND 30N. BETWEEN THESE TWO TROUGHS IS A WEAK 
NORTH SOUTH UPPER RIDGE AXIS ALONG 155W BETWEEN 10N AND 30N. ALL OF 
THESE UPPER LEVEL FEATURES ARE MOVING EAST AT 20 TO 40 MPH.   

OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...A THUNDERSTORM WITH TOPS TO 40000 
FEET IS LOCATED OVER THE KAUAI CHANNEL ABOUT 20 MILES EAST SOUTHEAST 
OF LIHUE AND MOVING EAST AT 10 MPH. ELSEWHERE OVER THE WATERS 
SURROUNDING KAUAI THERE IS A MIX OF BROKEN LAYERED CLOUDS AND 
TOWERING CUMULUS WITH TOPS NEAR 20000 FEET. OVER THE INTERIOR AND 
NORTH SHORE OF THE ISLAND OF KAUAI...SKIES ARE MOSTLY CLEAR. BROKEN 
TO OVERCAST STRATOCUMULUS AND ALTOCUMULUS ARE SPREADING ACROSS OAHU 
AT THE 10000 TO 12000 FOOT LEVEL. FOR MAUI COUNTY AND THE BIG 
ISLAND...SKIES ARE CLEAR WITH SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS OVER THE 
SURROUNDING WATERS. CLOUD MOVEMENT IS TO THE NORTH AND NORTHWEST AT 
10 MPH OVER THE STATE FROM MAUI EASTWARD...AND TO THE NORTHEAST AND 
EAST AT 10 MPH OR LESS FROM MOLOKAI WESTWARD.

FURTHER AFIELD...A LARGE AREA OF LAYERED CLOUDS ARE LOCATED NORTH OF 
25N BETWEEN 168W AND 165W. THIS AREA IS A RESULT OF TWO MERGING 
NARROW CLOUD BANDS WHICH CONTINUE SOUTH FROM THIS MAIN AREA TO 
18N164W AND TO 20N170W RESPECTIVELY. WITHIN THIS AREA OF CLOUDS ARE 
EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 45000 FEET. A 50 TO 100 MILE 
WIDE FRONTAL CLOUD BAND CONSISTING OF LOW TOPPED CUMULUS AND A FEW 
TOWERING CUMULUS IS STRETCHING FROM 30N168W TO 23N180...AND IS 
MOVING EAST AT AROUND 20 MPH. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 
50000 FEET ARE LOCATED WITHIN 50 MILES OF 16N145W AND ANOTHER WITHIN 
50 MILES OF 11N155W. 

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.