Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:58:24 -0600

795 
FZPN01 KWBC 182158
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU NOV 18 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 18. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 19. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N130W 1000 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FROM 42N TO 56N BETWEEN 
128W AND 145W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N125W 1003 MB. FROM 38N TO 56N BETWEEN 
125W AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N126W 1000 MB. WITHIN 720 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N175E 986 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WITHIN 900 NM NE QUADRANT 
AND 660 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 48N177W 43N164W TO 30N159W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 52N173E DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N178E 990 MB MOVING NE 10 KT THEN WILL TURN NW AFTER 12 
HOURS. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM SW OF A FRONT FROM 
53N166E TO 47N170E TO LOW CENTER TO 40N174W TO 30N168W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N173 981 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 720 NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND 900 NM NE AND 240 NM NW 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 540 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 52N172W TO 
30N152W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N174E 982 MB. WITHIN 780 NM NE...480 NM 
SE AND 720 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 25 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 34N155E 1002 MB MOVING E 40 KT. FROM 30N TO 38N W 
OF 166E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N176E 997 MB. FROM 30N TO 37N W OF 177W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N175W 988 MB. FROM 30N TO 50N BETWEEN 
154W AND 175W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.N OF 61N E OF 174W S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 180W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT WITH N SWELL.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 163W AND 177W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 52N BETWEEN 163W AND 172 
AND FROM 53N TO 61N BETWEEN 171W AND 174E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 52N BETWEEN 160W AND 
165W AND FROM 56N TO 61N W OF 170W. 

.HIGH 52N155W 1040 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N150W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N150W 1038 MB.

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU NOV 18.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI NOV 19.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT NOV 20.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14N95.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
15N95W TO 13.5N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 
35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14N95.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 
60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W TO 13N96W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 12.5N97W...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W TO 11.5N98W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 10N TO 
12.5N BETWEEN 98W AND 104W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
12.5N97.5W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 
10.5N TO 13N BETWEEN 97.5W AND 102W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 97W AND 106W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.FROM 06N TO 21N W OF 124W AND S OF 06S W OF 136W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N130W TO 28N140W. NW OF FRONT NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N124W TO 26N140W. NW OF FRONT N 
TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC THU NOV 18...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 08N83W TO 06N95W TO 
11N111W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION NOTED WITHIN 
120 NM N AND 60 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 123W AND 127W.

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.