Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:45:12 -0600

683 
FZPN40 PHFO 182245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU NOV 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...

.COLD FRONT NE TO SW THROUGH 30N160E MOVING E 35 KT. SW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N166E TO 27N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173E TO 28N170E TO 26N160E. SW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT E OF 168E. W AND SW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT ELSEWHERE N OF 26N W OF 180E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 27N180E TO 25N173E. SW WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 20N163W MOVING E SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N156W TO 22N159W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N156W TO 22N159W.

.FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 22N170W TO 20N170E MOVING E 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED WITH ABOVE TROUGH AT 30N156W TO 22N159W.

.TROUGH FROM 29N163W TO 23N168W TO 18N176W MOVING E SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF TROUGH.
.12 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH ABSORBED BY ABOVE FAST MOVING FRONT.

.TROUGH FROM 18N146W TO 09N155W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E OF TROUGH N OF 15N.

.HIGH 27N170E 101E MB MOVING ENE 45 KT. RIDGES FROM HIGH THROUGH 
30N173E AND THROUGH 23N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FCST AREA.

.RIDGE FROM 26N150W TO 20N159W TO 17N173W MOVING E SLOWLY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 10 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 21N160E. SEAS 8 TO
10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 17N160E TO 24N180W TO 30N163W TO 
23N150W TO 30N150W. ALSO...SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 03N TO 18N BETWEEN 
157W AND 178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N162E TO 
22N175E TO 30N172W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
24N160E TO 17N165E TO 19N180W TO 30N166W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 
25N180E TO 30N162W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
21N160E TO 11N175E TO 19N170W TO 30N159W TO 26N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N151W...AND FROM 10N156W TO 09N170W TO 
07N172E. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM S OF ITCZ W OF 164W AND E OF 
148W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.