Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:42:41 -0600

478 
ATHW40 PHFO 190042
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI NOV 19 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 19 2010

A SERIES OF UPPER LEVEL TROUGHS ARE PASSING WEST TO EAST THROUGH 
THE NORTHERN PORTIONS OF THE REGION. ONE IS LOCATED NEAR 
30N138W...ANOTHER IS ALONG 165W BETWEEN 25N AND 30N. BETWEEN THESE 
TWO TROUGHS IS A WEAK NORTH SOUTH UPPER RIDGE AXIS ALONG 155W 
BETWEEN 10N AND 30N. ALL OF THESE UPPER LEVEL FEATURES ARE MOVING 
EAST AT 20 TO 30 MPH.   

OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...A LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS 
TO 42000 FEET IS LOCATED OVER THE NORTHWEST COASTAL WATERS OF 
KAUAI...ABOUT 30 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE NAPALI COAST...IS EMBEDDED 
WITHIN A LARGER AREA OF LAYERED CLOUDS COVERING THE COASTAL WATERS 
SOUTHWEST THROUGH NORTHWEST THROUGH NORTHEAST OF KAUAI...AND 
COVERING THE NORTHWEST HALF OF THE ISLAND OF KAUAI. THE 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE MOVING EAST AT 15 TO 20 MPH. ADDITIONAL TOWERING 
CUMULUS...WITH TOPS TO 20000 FEET...ARE LOCATED OVER THE KAUAI 
CHANNEL WITHIN 20 MILES WEST OF OAHU/S NORTHWEST SHORE. AN AREA OF 
HIGH CLOUDS...A REMNANT OF A PREVIOUS THUNDERSTORM...IS COVERING 
EASTERN OAHU AND THE KAIWI CHANNEL AND MOVING EAST. BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS ARE COVERING ALL OF OAHU AND THE SURROUNDING COASTAL 
WATERS...EASTERN MOLOKAI...LANAI AND THE WESTERN ISLAND OF MAUI. 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND ALONG THE LOWER SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND 
BELOW 9000 FEET...WITH ISOLATED CUMULUS TOPS TO 14000 FEET ON THE 
EASTERN UPPER SLOPES OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA. LOW CLOUD MOTION IS 
GENERALLY TO THE NORTH NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH EAST OF MOLOKAI AND TO 
THE NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH FROM MOLOKAI WEST.
   
A LARGE AREA OF LAYERED CLOUDS ARE LOCATED NORTH OF 23N BETWEEN 158W 
AND 162W. THIS AREA IS A RESULT OF TWO MERGING NARROW CLOUD BANDS 
WHICH CONTINUE SOUTH FROM THIS MAIN AREA TO 19N170W AND TO 20N162W 
RESPECTIVELY. WITHIN THIS AREA OF CLOUDS ARE SCATTERED EMBEDDED 
THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS TO 48000 FEET. A 75 TO 100 MILE WIDE FRONTAL 
CLOUD BAND CONSISTING OF LOW TOPPED CUMULUS AND A FEW TOWERING 
CUMULUS IS STRETCHING FROM 30N165W TO 22N180...AND IS MOVING EAST AT 
AROUND 25 TO 30 MPH. 

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.