Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 21:51:51 -0600

339 
FZPN01 KWBC 190351
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FRI NOV 19 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 47N129W 1004 MB MOVING SE KT 10 WILL TURN NE 10 KT AFTER 12 
HOURS. FROM 42N TO 55N BETWEEN 127W AND 144W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N125W 1001 MB. FROM 39N TO 56N BETWEEN 
126W AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N126W 1000 MB. FROM 34N TO 54N BETWEEN 
126W AND 137W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 45N177E 990 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N174E 978 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 840 
NM NE QUADRANTS...360 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 52N168W TO 
33N156W...AND FROM 44N TO 55N W OF 171E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N177E 983 MB. N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
BETWEEN 170W AND 179E AND N OF 42N BETWEEN 175E AND 167E WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 51N173E 984 MB DRIFTING NW. FROM 46N TO 55N W OF 
171E...WITHIN 660 NM NE QUADRANT...AND 480 NM NE AND E OF A 
FRONT FROM 51N175W TO 37N160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 51N170W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 52N174E WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 34N166E 1002 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
170E AND 160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N179W 995 MB. FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 
172W AND 176E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N172W 994 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM THE 
LOW TO 38N168W TO 30N170W. WITHIN 600 NM NE AND E OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 120 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 58N145W TO 60N151W NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N163E 1001 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
168E AND 160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA. FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 174E 
AND 165E E TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 480 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 47N178E TO 35N164W AND N OF 55N BETWEEN 180W AND 
172E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
52N169W TO 44N164W AND FROM 55N TO 61N W OF 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 53N BETWEEN 160W AND 
170W AND FROM 56N TO 61N W OF 163W.

.HIGH 52N153W 1040 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N150W 1038 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N150W 1035 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 39N166W 1016 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI NOV 19.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT NOV 20.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN NOV 21.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
15N95W TO 13.5N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
15N95W TO 13.5N96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 
35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13.5N95.5W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
15N95W TO 14N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 
60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 13N96.5W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 12N98W...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 98W AND 
100W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13.5N95.5W TO 11.5N98W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 10N TO 
12.5N BETWEEN 98W AND 104W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
15N95W TO 14N96W TO 11N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT. FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 98W AND 104W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 99W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.  
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14.5N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 
10.5N TO 13N BETWEEN 97W AND 102W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 97W AND 106W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W 
AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.FROM 07N TO 18N W OF 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.30 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N130W TO 28N140W. NW OF FRONT NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N120W TO 24N140W. NW OF FRONT 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC FRI NOV 19...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 06N80W TO 05N101W TO 
11N111W TO 09N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.