Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:45:12 -0600

293 
FZPN40 PHFO 190445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI NOV 19 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 19 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 20 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 21 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...

.TROUGH FROM 30N165E TO 28N160E MOVING E 35 KT. SW WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
N OF A LINE FROM 29N165E TO 30N168E. WINDS 25 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N 
OF A LINE FROM 27N160E TO 29N169E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 28N170E TO 26N160E. W TO SW 
WINDS 25 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 25N175E TO 30N177W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 27N180E TO 24N170E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 21N161W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N157W TO 22N158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 23N175W TO 21N176E TO 19N168E MOVING E 25 KT 
EXCEPT STATIONARY W OF 21N176E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED WITH ABOVE TROUGH AT 30N157W TO 22N158W.

.TROUGH FROM 28N161W TO 20N170W MOVING E 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM SE OF TROUGH.
.12 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MERGED WITH ABOVE STATIONARY FRONT.

.TROUGH FROM 20N150W TO 10N150W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.HIGH 25N176E 1013 MB MOVING ENE 45 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH THROUGH 
23N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FCST AREA.

.RIDGE FROM 25N140W TO 20N155W TO 19N167W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N162E TO 23N170E TO 30N174W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 17N160E TO 21N175E TO 
30N164W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITHIN 180 NM OF A LINE FROM 06N177W TO 
15N156W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 26N160E TO 
21N180E TO 30N169W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
24N160E TO 15N170E TO 20N175W TO 30N164W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 
25N180E TO 30N165W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
20N160E TO 10N175E TO 20N167W TO 29N155W TO 24N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N148W...AND FROM 11N153W TO 09N165W TO 
10N180W. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM S OF ITCZ W OF 165W AND WITHIN 
120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 148W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.