Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 03:48:30 -0600

058 
FZPN01 KWBC 190948
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI NOV 19 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 47N127W 1006 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. WITHIN 240 NM W AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES AND FROM 43N TO 52N BETWEEN 133W AND 142W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N125W 1000 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM 
NW QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
40N TO 54N BETWEEN 127W AND 143W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR 41N122W 1003 MB. WITHIN 540 NM 
SW QUADRANT AND FROM 41N TO 53N BETWEEN 127W AND 138W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 42N132W. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 46N180W 985 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS AND 720 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 52N178W TO 34N161W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N173E 978 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
53N166W TO 40N162W TO 30N153W. WITHIN 360 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM OF 
LOW EXCEPT 840 NM NE QUADRANT AND 300 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 61N175E 988 MB. N OF 56N 
BETWEEN 167W AND 178E AND WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E OF A LINE FROM 
55N171E TO 43N173E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 52N173E 986 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FROM 45N TO 54N W OF 170E 
AND FROM 52N TO 61N BETWEEN 162W AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 53N173E WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 33N169E 1000 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
174E AND 164E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N176W 995 MB. FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 
169W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N173W 992 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM THE 
LOW TO 36N167W. S OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS WITHIN 600 NM NE 
QUADRANT AND 540 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
17 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 180 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 59N152W TO 55N142W W TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N168E 1002 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N W OF 171E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA. FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 180W 
AND 170E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 420 NM E OF 
A LINE FROM 51N179E TO 39N169W AND N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
BETWEEN 173W AND 172E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
56N173W TO 44N163W AND FROM 56N TO 61N W OF 168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 59N BETWEEN 160W AND 
170W AND FROM 56N TO 61N W OF 170W.

.HIGH 51N152W 1040 MB MOVING SE 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N151W 1038 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N149W 1035 MB.

.HIGH JUST S OF AREA 29N180W 1013 MB MOVING NE 40 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N167W 1016 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI NOV 19.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT NOV 20.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN NOV 21.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 13.5N96W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
15N95W TO 14N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 13N96.5W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 45 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 14N96W TO 11N98W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 98W 
AND 104W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 09N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 99W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.  
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14.5N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 
10.5N TO 13N BETWEEN 97W AND 102W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 97W AND 106W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W 
AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.FROM 08N TO 13N W OF 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N130W TO 28N140W. NW OF FRONT NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N119W TO 25N126W TO 24N140W. NW 
OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC FRI NOV 19...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N81W TO 06N101W TO 
11N115W TO 10N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.