Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 04:45:18 -0600

630 
FZPN40 PHFO 191045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI NOV 19 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 19 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 20 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 21 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...

.TROUGH FROM 30N169E TO 25N160E MOVING E 35 KT. SW WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
N OF A LINE FROM 27N160E TO 28N170E TO 30N171E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N180E TO 27N170E TO 25N160E. W TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 25N175E TO 30N177W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N172W TO 27N180E TO 24N170E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT NEAR 30N160E MOVING E 35 KT. SEE WINDS WITH GALE TROUGH ABOVE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH GALE TROUGH.

.FRONT FROM 30N156W TO 22N159W TO 20N167W MOVING SE AT 10 KT. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM SE AND E OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N153W TO 21N157W TO 19N163W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 23N177W TO 20N172E TO 18N167E MOVING E 25 KT 
NEAR 30N BECOMING STATIONARY W OF 177W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MERGED WITH ABOVE TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 15N152W TO 08N154W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.HIGH 25N179W 1013 MB MOVING ENE 45 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH THROUGH 
22N170E AND 21N160E...AND FROM HIGH THROUGH 30N172W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED N OF FCST AREA.

.RIDGE FROM 25N140W TO 20N154W TO 17N162W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N173W TO 24N172E TO 30N164E. 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 16N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 
23N177W TO 27N179E TO 25N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 30N164W TO 20N175W TO 15N169E TO 24N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 
29N151W TO 13N176W TO 22N180W TO 19N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N150W...AND FROM 11N158W TO 10N170W TO 
10N174E TO 09N160E. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM S OF ITCZ W OF 165W 
AND WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 150W.

$$
.FORECASTER POWELL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.