Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 06:40:27 -0600

263 
ATHW40 PHFO 191240
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC FRI NOV 19 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC NOVEMBER 19 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A LONGWAVE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH WITH AN AXIS 
FROM 46N180E TO 30N162W TO 21N166W. WEST OF THE AXIS...A 135 MPH 
EAST TO WEST ORIENTED JET STREAK RUNS ALONG THE SOUTHERN FLANK OF 
THE UPPER LOW ACCORDING TO SATELLITE DERIVED WINDS. A WIDE BAND OF 
BROKEN CIRRUS CLOUDS ACCOMPANY THE JET WHICH MAINLY COVERS BETWEEN 
25N AND 38N AND WEST OF 168W. 

SHORTWAVE ENERGY PERSISTS DIRECTLY ON THE EASTERN SIDE OF THE BASE 
OF THE TROUGH WHICH IS CURRENTLY MOVING ACROSS OAHU AND MAUI COUNTY. 
EAST OF THE TROUGH...A WEAK RIDGE PERSISTS WITH AN AXIS FROM 33N149W 
TO 22N149W. ANOTHER TROUGH IS THEN LOCATED EAST OF THAT RIDGE FROM 
31N137W TO 22N136W. ALL OF THESE UPPER LEVEL FEATURES ARE IN A LINE 
BETWEEN 20N TO 40N AND MOVING EAST AT 25 TO 30 MPH.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 30N155W TO 21N157W TO 20N161W AND IS 
CURRENTLY ADVANCING EASTWARD AT 15 MPH ACROSS THE KAIWI CHANNEL AND 
MOLOKAI THIS MORNING. ALONG THE FRONT...A 200 MILE WIDE LINE OF 
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY SHOWERS COVERS THE SMALLER MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM THE ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL TO KAUAI AND FURTHER 
WESTWARD. CLOUDS IN THIS VICINITY ARE OVERCAST AND LAYERED WITH 
EMBEDDED TOWERING CUMULUS WITH TOPS AS HIGH AS 30 KFT. A STRONGER 
THUNDERSTORMS CELL IS 50 MILES NORTHEAST OF KAUAI AND HAS TOPS TO 45 
KFT. ACROSS THE BIG ISLAND...BROKEN CUMULUS WITH ISOLATED TOWERING 
CUMULUS CLOUDS MOST OF THE ISLAND INTERIORS AND COASTLINES. SHOWERS 
HAVE POPPED UP OVER THE KOHALA AND NORTH KONA COAST THIS MORNING.

ELSEWHERE...A SLOW MOVING COLD FRONT RUNS FROM 29N166W TO 21N174E. 
THIS FRONT IS CHARACTERIZED BY A 150 MILE WIDE BAND OF OVERCAST 
STRATUS CLOUDS. 

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.