Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:01:49 -0600

433 
FZPN01 KWBC 191601
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI NOV 19 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N127W 1002 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FROM 42N TO 53N E OF 
142W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N126W 998 MB. WITHIN 720 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 41N118W 1002 MB. WITHIN 780 NM SW 
AND 1080 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N178E 984 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 900 NM NE...480 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS AND 720 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 50N177W TO 46N169W 
TO 41N163W TO 34N159W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N175E 978 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
53N166W TO 35N159W TO 30N151W. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 240 NM W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM NE...480 NM SE AND 660 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 360 
NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 62N178E 990 MB. N OF 56N 
BETWEEN 162W AND 178W AND WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E OF A LINE FROM 
55N171E TO 45N178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N172E 985 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FROM 45N TO 54N W OF 170E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 54N175E  
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 33N172E 1000 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
180W AND 165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N175W 993 MB. FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 
167W AND 178W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N173W 995 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM THE 
LOW TO 43N166W. WITHIN 540 NM NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

.GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N163E 1000 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N W OF 170E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N171E 1000 MB. FROM 30N TO 35N W OF 175E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 38N169W DESCRIBED BELOW.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 180 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 59N150W TO 55N142W W TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N168W 1001 MB. FROM 30N TO 42N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 174W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 420 NM SW OF 
A LINE FROM 52N170W TO 42N161W AND N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
BETWEEN 170W AND 172E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 55N TO 61N W OF 168W AND FROM 
42N TO 52N BETWEEN 160W AND 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 54N BETWEEN 157W AND 
167W AND WITHIN 360 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 59N180W TO 53N171W.

.HIGH 50N151W 1040 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N150W 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N149W 1035 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI NOV 19.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT NOV 20.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN NOV 21.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 13N96W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
15N95W TO 13N96W TO 12N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT. FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 12N BETWEEN 95W 
AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.FROM 08N TO 13N W OF 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.18 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N128W TO 24N134W. N OF 28N NW OF 
FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N126W TO 24N134W. N OF 27N NW OF 
FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N121W TO 24N131W. N OF 25N NW OF 
FRONT N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 
28N E OF FRONT TO 118W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N117W TO 25N124W TO 24N140W. NW 
OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC FRI NOV 19...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 05N104W TO 
11N111W THEN RESUMES AT 11N119W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION FROM 09 TO 12N BETWEEN 127W AND 
132W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM N OF 
AXIS AND W OF 123W. 

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.