Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:45:11 -0600

887 
FZPN40 PHFO 191645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI NOV 19 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 19 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 20 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 21 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...

.FRONT FROM 30N173E TO 26N160E MOVING E 35 KT. SW WINDS 20 TO 35 KT 
N OF A LINE FROM 27N160E TO 28N170E TO 30N171E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N179W TO 27N170E TO 25N160E. W TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 25N175E TO 30N177W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 26N180E TO 24N170E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 29N155W TO 22N157W TO 20N167W MOVING SE SLOWLY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM SE AND E OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 26N152W TO 21N157W TO 19N163W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 23N176W TO 20N172E TO 18N167E 
MOVING E 25 KT NEAR 30N BECOMING STATIONARY W OF 176W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MERGED WITH ABOVE TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 18N148W TO 11N155W TO 07N157W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF TROUGH N OF 15N.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N173W TO 24N172E TO 30N164E. 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 16N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 
23N177W TO 27N179E TO 25N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 30N164W TO 20N175W TO 15N169E TO 24N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N140W TO 
29N151W TO 13N176W TO 22N180W TO 19N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 09N149W...AND FROM 10N160W TO 10N170W TO 
09N170E TO 07N160E. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM S OF ITCZ W OF 165W 
AND WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 150W.

$$
.FORECASTER POWELL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.