Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:45:18 -0600

619 
FZPN01 KWBC 192145
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FRI NOV 19 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 19. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 20. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N125W 1003 MB MOVING S 10 KT. FROM 42N TO 54N E OF 142W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N125W 1003 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 780 NM 
W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. FROM 36N TO 53N BETWEEN 124W 
AND 139W N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N176E 979 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 420 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 960 NM NE QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 600 NM E 
OF A FRONT FROM 52N173W TO 41N163W TO 35N153W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N175E 980 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 300 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 720 NM NE QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 
420 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 53N167W TO 37N160W TO 30N153W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA. N OF 61N BETWEEN 164W AND 176W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N178E 998 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SE SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 38N 
BETWEEN 180W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N173W 994 MB. FROM 30N TO 48N BETWEEN 
167W AND 178W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N172W 998 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 44N165W. WITHIN 480 NM NE QUADRANT AND 480 NM E OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 37N W OF 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N175E 999 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
176W AND 163E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 40N170W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 40N170W 995 MB. FROM 30N TO 44N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 178W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SW OF 
A LINE FROM 53N168W TO 45N162W AND N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
BETWEEN 170W AND 172E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 55N TO 61N W OF 169W AND FROM 
42N TO 52N BETWEEN 160W AND 167W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 55N BETWEEN 157W AND 
168W AND FROM 55N TO 61N BETWEEN 161W AND 173W. 

.HIGH 50N152W 1040 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N150W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N148W 1036 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI NOV 19.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT NOV 20.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN NOV 21.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 13N96W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 13 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 10N TO 12.5N BETWEEN 97W AND 
104W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14.5N95W TO 
12.5N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. FROM 11N TO 
13N BETWEEN 97W AND 102W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 96W AND 104W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
15N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
FROM 10.5N TO 13N BETWEEN 97W AND 103W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 03N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 03N TO 11N BETWEEN 97W AND 
105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.FROM 08N TO 12N W OF 123W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N129W TO 28N140W. NW OF FRONT N 
TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N122W TO 27N130W THEN STATIONARY 
TO 27N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 29N115W TO 23N130W TO 24N140W. NW 
OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC FRI NOV 19...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 05N102W TO 
11N112W THEN RESUMES AT 11N118W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
FROM 09N TO 12N BETWEEN 123W AND 131W.

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.