Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 16:45:09 -0600

217 
FZPN40 PHFO 192245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI NOV 19 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 19 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 20 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 21 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...

.FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 25N160E MOVING E 15 KT. W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
W OF 165E N OF 27N. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N178E TO 25N160E. ISOLATED STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT 
N OF 28N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 22N168E. NEW 
COLD FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 25N160E. N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF NEW 
COLD FRONT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 27N173W TO 
22N165E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 22N170E TO 23N165E. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF 25N BETWEEN 170W AND 176E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 22N179E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.COLD FRONT JUST NE OF AREA NEAR 32N140W MOVING S 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 30N148W. E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 29N156W TO 21N156W NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 22N158W TO 25N155W.

.TROUGH FROM 21N147W TO 13N150W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 22N148W TO 13N152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N173W TO 22N178E TO 28N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 21N180W TO 
16N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 
24N170E TO 23N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N160W TO 13N175E TO 21N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 
27N140W TO 30N151W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N140W TO 
23N160W TO 16N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N159W TO 09N169W TO 07N178E TO 08N160E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 178W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ E OF 178W.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.