Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 18:30:13 -0600

599 
ATHW40 PHFO 200030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT NOV 20 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 20 2010

A WEAK FRONTAL BOUNDARY EXTENDED ROUGHLY THROUGH 30N 153W TO A VERY 
WEAK LOW PRESSURE CIRCULATION NEAR 22N 155.5W...OR ABOUT 115 MILES 
NORTH OF THE BIG ISLAND THIS AFTERNOON.  THE BOUNDARY NEAR 30N 
LATITUDE WAS NEARLY STATIONARY WHILE THE SOUTH END JUST NORTH OF THE 
STATE WAS DRIFTING SLOWLY EAST NEAR 5 MILES AN HOUR. 

A FEW ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WERE FORMING ALONG AND WITHIN 150 
MILES OF THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY.  THE STORMS HAVE BEEN SLOWLY 
DIMINISHING NEAR THE ISLANDS THROUGHOUT THE DAY.  THESE RELATIVELY 
WEAK STORMS TOPS HAD TOPS NEAR 30000 FEET THIS AFTERNOON.  MOST OF 
THE CLOUDINESS ALONG THE FRONTAL BAND AS SEEN ON SATELLITE IMAGERY 
WAS DUE TO BROKEN TO OVERCAST CIRRUS CLOUDS.  

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWED A NARROW UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVER OR JUST 
WEST OF OAHU.  THE TROUGH WAS MIGRATING EAST AT 25 MILES AN HOUR. 
THE TROUGH AXIS STRETCHED FROM 30N 156.5W TO 20N 159.5W.  THE CIRRUS 
ALONG THE FRONTAL CLOUD BAND WAS SITUATED IMMEDIATELY EAST OF THE 
TROUGH AXIS. 

AT 2 PM...THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE BIG ISLAND HAD CLOUDY SKIES DUE 
TO LOW CLOUDS FORMING FROM DAYTIME HEATING.  SOUTHEAST MAUI HAD SOME 
LOW CLOUDINESS AS WELL.  BUT THE REST OF THE STATE WAS MOSTLY SUNNY 
EXCEPT FOR SOME HIGH CLOUDS OVER LANAI AND MOLOKAI.  PATCHES OF 
MOSTLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS WERE COMMON OVER THE SURROUNDING NEARBY 
WATERS.  HOWEVER...THERE WERE A FEW TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS NEAR 
MAUI COUNTY...MAINLY SOUTH OF LANAI AND MAUI.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.