Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 21:10:55 -0600

638 
ATPQ40 PGUM 200310
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SAT NOV 20 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH A FRONTAL 
BOUNDARY ARE OCCURRING WEST OF IWO TO ISLAND BETWEEN 23N AND 25N 
FROM 134E TO 141E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM SOUTHWEST OF 
KOROR AT 3N130E TO END NEAR 2N138E. ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH RUNS FROM 
ABOUT 13N134E SOUTHWARD OVER KOROR TO ABOUT 5N134E. THESE TWO 
FEATURES ENHANCED BY FAVORABLE UPPER-LEVEL CONDITIONS ARE PRODUCING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER YAP AND AROUND 
KOROR BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 13N FROM 134E TO 141E. 

CONVERGING WINDS NEAR A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE ARE GENERATING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 5N AND 9N FROM 
156E TO 172E. THIS AREA INCLUDES POHNPEI...KWAJALEIN AND MAJURO. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO FOUND EAST OF MAJURO BETWEEN 5N AND 8N 
FROM 174E TO BEYOND THE DATELINE. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.