Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 21:43:16 -0600

718 
FZPN01 KWBC 200343
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SAT NOV 20 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 20. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 21. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 51N174E 975 MB MOVING N 15 KT. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 420 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 960 NM NE QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 600 NM E 
OF A FRONT FROM 52N171W TO 41N162W TO 35N159W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N175E 981 MB. BETWEEN 60 NM AND 300 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 600 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 720 NM NE QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 
420 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 52N168W TO 39N162W TO 34N157W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA. N OF 55N BETWEEN 174W AND 172E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N124W 999 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. FROM 40N TO 55N E OF 142W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N126W 1001 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 780 NM 
W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. FROM 36N TO 53N BETWEEN 124W 
AND 139W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 36N178W 998 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SE SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 38N
BETWEEN 172W AND 178E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N173W 998 MB. FROM 32N TO 50N BETWEEN 
165W AND 176W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N170W 997 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 48N165W. WITHIN 480 NM NE QUADRANT AND 480 NM E OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N164E 996 MB MOVING E 35 KT. FROM 30N TO 37N W OF 168E
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N179W 998 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
176W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N170W 991 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N AND 540 NM 
S SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N W OF 165E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SW OF 
A LINE FROM 53N168W TO 45N162W AND N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
BETWEEN 170W AND 172E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 55N TO 61N W OF 169W AND FROM 
42N TO 52N BETWEEN 160W AND 167W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 55N BETWEEN 157W AND 
168W AND FROM 55N TO 61N BETWEEN 161W AND 173W. 

.HIGH 50N152W 1038 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N149W 1036 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N148W 1035 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT NOV 20.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN NOV 21.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 22.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 13.5N96W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 13 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 10N TO 12.5N 
BETWEEN 97W AND 103W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14.5N95W TO 
12.5N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. FROM 11N TO 
13N BETWEEN 97W AND 102W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 96W AND 104W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 102W E 
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 
13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS TO 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 11N BETWEEN 100W AND 
105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.06 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N130W TO 28N140W. NW OF FRONT N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N120W TO 26N132W TO 26N140W. NW 
OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 23N140W TO 24N130W TO 30N117W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 28N115W TO 22N132W THEN DISSIPATING 
TO 24N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 20N140W TO 23N126W TO 30N118W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.06 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SAT NOV 20...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 09N93W TO 
06N105W TO 11N116W THEN RESUMES AT 10N122W TO 11N133W TO 
10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM N AND 30 NM S OF AXIS W 
OF 123W. 

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.