Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 22:45:13 -0600

617 
FZPN40 PHFO 200445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT NOV 20 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 20 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 21 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 22 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...

.FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 24N160E MOVING E 30 KT. W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
W OF 166E N OF 26N. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N178W TO 25N170E TO 25N160E. ISOLATED STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM 
E OF FRONT N OF 28N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH NEW COLD FRONT FROM 30N175E TO 
23N161E. N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF COLD FRONT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
ELSEWHERE N OF 24N BETWEEN 175W AND 168E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 22N176E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM S OF FRONT E OF 172W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 30N146W MOVING S 20 KT. NE TO E WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 30N148W. E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 145W AND 148W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 23N179W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 29N156W TO 21N156W NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 27N158W TO 22N156W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 21N147W TO 13N150W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 22N148W TO 14N152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N168W TO 22N178W TO 26N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N166W TO 19N180W TO 
16N170E TO 23N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 
23N165E TO 25N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N158W TO 12N175E TO 20N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 
26N140W TO 30N153W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N140W TO 
27N164W TO 18N170E TO 20N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 10N151W TO 08N159W TO 08N179W TO 07N178E TO 
07N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 178W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.