Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 23:00:12 -0600

736 
ATHW40 PHFO 200500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT NOV 20 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC NOVEMBER 20 2010

A SURFACE TROUGH IS OVER THE EASTERN END OF THE ISLAND CHAIN AND 
APPEARS TO BE MOVING SLOWLY TOWARD THE EAST.  BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
LOW CLOUDS...SHOWERS...AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE ASSOCIATED 
WITH THE BOUNDARY...WITH SOME OF THE CONVECTION CURRENTLY AFFECTING 
THE AREA FROM HAMAKUA TO PUNA ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE BIG ISLAND.  
LOW CEILINGS ARE ALSO EVIDENT OVER COASTAL AND UPSLOPE SECTIONS OF 
KAU.  SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY ELSEWHERE 
AROUND THE ALOHA STATE.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE NORTH TO 
NORTHWEST AT 5 TO 15 MPH FROM KAUAI TO THE WEST SIDE OF THE BIG 
ISLAND...WITH SPEEDS INCREASING FROM WEST TO EAST.  LOW LEVEL FLOW 
IS FROM THE EAST AT 10 MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND.

SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING JUST NORTHEAST AND 
EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  THERE ARE MORE SHOWERS OVER KAHOOLAWE... 
SOUTH OF MAUI...AND IMMEDIATELY WEST OF SOUTH KOHALA ON THE BIG 
ISLAND.   A PLUME THAT HAD EXITED TO THE SOUTH OF OAHU IS EMBEDDED 
WITH SHOWERS AND IS NOW WEST OF LANAI.  A SMALL AREA OF 
PRECIPITATION EXISTS NORTH OF OAHU AND NORTHWEST OF MOLOKAI.  EXCEPT 
FOR HIGH CLOUDINESS APPROACHING KAUAI FROM THE NORTHWEST... 
CONDITIONS ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS.

AS MENTIONED ABOVE...HIGH CLOUDS ARE ABOUT TO OVERSPREAD KAUAI FROM 
THE NORTHWEST.  THESE BROKEN TO OVERCAST CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE RIDING 
OVER THE TOP OF A SURFACE FRONT FAR NORTHWEST OF THE STATE.  AT THE 
MOMENT...MOST OF THE CLOUDINESS IS NORTH OF 22N WEST OF 160W.

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH IS AROUND 500 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND AND HAS BEEN PUSHING WEST SLOWLY.  THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN 
IGNITING SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 50 MILES EITHER 
SIDE OF A LINE FROM 21N145W TO 17.5N145W TO 16N148W.  SOMEWHAT 
FARTHER SOUTH...CONVECTION IS FLARING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE.  MOST OF THIS CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 08N TO 
13N BETWEEN 140W AND 152W.  MORE ACTIVITY IS FOUND FROM 06.5N TO 09N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 162W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.