Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 03:40:57 -0600

133 
FZPN01 KWBC 200940
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT NOV 20 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 20. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 21. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N175E 976 MB MOVING N 15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 540 NM 
NW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
44N BETWEEN 171W AND 164E...AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 
57N171W TO 51N165W TO 41N163W TO 33N158W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 23 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 60N176E 984 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS...AND 480 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS NW OF AREA.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 48N125W 998 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM W AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM SW AND 540 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 41N122W 999 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW 
AND 780 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. FROM 37N TO 51N BETWEEN 125W 
AND 140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N176W 996 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N171W 1001 MB. FROM 38N TO 55N BETWEEN 
155W AND 171W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N168E 997 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. FROM 30N TO 35N W OF 171E
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N172W 997 MB. FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 
164W AND 179E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N168W 989 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND 600 NM 
E SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N W OF 165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM SW OF 
A LINE FROM 52N163W TO 43N160W AND FROM 55N TO 63N BETWEEN 169W 
AND 171E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 58N TO 64N W OF 172W AND FROM 
41N TO 54N BETWEEN 159W AND 172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 55N BETWEEN 160W AND 170W
AND FROM 55N TO 60N BETWEEN 158W AND 164W.

.HIGH 50N151W 1037 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N148W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N145W 1035 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N162E 1026 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT NOV 20.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN NOV 21.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 22.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 13.5N96W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 12 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 96W AND 
104W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14.5N95W TO 
12.5N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. FROM 11N TO 
13N BETWEEN 97W AND 102W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 96W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 105W WINDS LESS
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.COLD FRONT 30N131W TO 29N140W. NW OF FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N117W TO 26N125W TO 
25N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. NW OF LINE 19N140W TO 
22N124W TO 30N118W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 28N. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT NOV 20...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 12N87W TO 13N115W TO 
10N122W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 115W AND 120W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF 12N91W.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.