Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 04:45:08 -0600

888 
FZPN40 PHFO 201045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT NOV 20 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 20 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 21 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 22 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...

.FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 27N160E MOVING E 20 KT. WINDS 30 TO 40 KT N 
OF 29N W OF 163E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE N OF 25N W OF 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N179W TO 25N175E TO 22N170E. WINDS 20 TO
30 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 176W AND 173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 24N175W TO 21N180W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N180E TO 25N170E MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 28N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT ABSORBED BY GALE FRONT.

.TROUGH FROM 30N156W TO 18N154W MOVING E SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 23N157W TO 17N156W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 23N146W TO 11N151W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM E OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 22N150W TO 14N153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 21N147W TO 13N150W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 22N148W TO 14N152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178W TO 25N170E TO 25N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N163W TO 19N175W TO 
15N170E TO 23N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 
23N170E TO 25N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
24N140W TO 28N155W TO 16N170W TO 10N174E TO 19N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 21N140W TO 
27N165W TO 17N170E TO 20N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS FROM 04N TO 10N W OF 170E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 11N148W...AND FROM 11N153W TO 07N165W TO 
11N175E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM N OF ITCZ E OF 148W 
AND WITHIN 120 NM SE OF ITCZ BETWEEN 150W AND 160W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.