Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 06:00:10 -0600

952 
ATHW40 PHFO 201200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC SAT NOV 20 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC NOVEMBER 20 2010

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH REMAINS OVER OR JUST EAST OF THE ISLAND CHAIN 
THIS EARLY MORNING...AND APPEARS TO BE MOVING SLOWLY EAST.  LOW 
CEILINGS AND RAIN CONTINUE TO AFFECT PORTIONS OF THE BIG ISLAND... 
ESPECIALLY IN THE PUNA AND HILO DISTRICTS.  SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS HAVE BEEN IMPACTING MAUI AND MOLOKAI...WHILE LOW CEILINGS 
HAVE BEEN PREVALENT IN EASTERN PARTS OF OAHU...INCLUDING COASTAL 
AREAS AND THE KOOLAU RANGE.  ELSEWHERE SKIES ARE CLEAR TO PARTLY 
CLOUDY...DISCOUNTING HIGH-CLOUD CEILINGS OVER KAUAI AND ITS ADJACENT 
WATERS.  LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING FROM THE NORTH TO NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 
15 MPH FROM KAUAI TO MAUI...AND FROM THE EAST NEAR 10 MPH EAST OF 
THE BIG ISLAND.  LOW LEVEL FLOW APPEARS TO BE LIGHT AND VARIABLE 
OVER THE ISLAND OF HAWAII ITSELF.

BROKEN MULTILAYERED CLOUDINESS AND SHOWERS REMAIN JUST NORTH- 
NORTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AS WAS THE CASE LAST EVENING.  SMALL 
AREAS OF SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE OTHERWISE 
RANDOMLY DISPERSED THROUGHOUT THE COASTAL WATERS.

A COLD FRONT IS APPROXIMATELY 1000 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS 
BEEN HEADING TOWARD THE EAST NEAR 30 MPH. HIGH CLOUDS RIDING OVER 
THE TOP OF THE SURFACE BOUNDARY HAVE BEEN FILLING THE SKIES FROM THE 
FRONT EASTWARD TO KAUAI AND ITS ADJACENT WATERS.  AS THE FRONT 
APPROACHES MIDWAY ATOLL...WINDS AT THE SITE HAVE BEEN FROM THE 
SOUTHWEST BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MPH.  LOW CEILINGS HAVE ALSO BEEN ON THE 
INCREASE IN THE AREA.

ANOTHER WEAK SURFACE TROUGH IS ABOUT 500 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND AND HAS BEEN PUSHING WEST SLOWLY.  THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN 
INDUCING SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 60 MILES EITHER 
SIDE OF A LINE FROM 21N146W TO 18N146W TO 17N148W TO 14.5N149.5W.  
FARTHER SOUTH...CONVECTION IS FIRING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE.  MOST OF THESE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
LOCATED FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 141W AND 157W.  MORE ACTIVITY IS 
FOUND FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 138W AND 141W...AND FROM 06N TO 09N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 161W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.