Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 08:59:03 -0600

269 
ATPQ40 PGUM 201458
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST SUN NOV 21 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N155E TO 20N135E...THEN 
CONTINUES WESTWARD AS A STATIONARY FRONT TO BEYOND 130E AT 19N. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED NORTH OF THE 
MARIANAS WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 21N138E TO 24N147E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHEASTWARD FROM SOUTHWEST OF 
KOROR AT 5N130E TO END NEAR 2N140E. ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS 
SOUTHWARD FROM 15N133E TO 8N131E. THESE FEATURES ARE PRODUCING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS NEAR YAP WITHIN 80 MILES 
OF A LINE FROM 10N139E TO EQ141E AND NORTHWEST OF KOROR WITHIN AN 
AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM EQ130E TO 12N130E TO 12N137E TO EQ133E 
BACK TO EQ130E.

CONVERGING WINDS NEAR A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE ARE GENERATING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS JUST EAST OF KOSRAE WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
6N164E TO 6N169E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.