Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 10:24:09 -0600

987 
FZPN01 KWBC 201624
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT NOV 20 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 20. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 21. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N173E 978 MB MOVING N 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 44N BETWEEN 
168W AND 164E...AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 62N175W TO 
58N167W TO 49N165W TO 38N160W TO 30N152W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 64N177E 986 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 480 NM E AND 840 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS NW OF AREA. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 47N127W 999 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
900 NM SW AND 600 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 42N120W 1002 MB. WITHIN 780 NM SW 
AND 1060 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. FROM 35N TO 53N BETWEEN 123W 
AND 140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N175W 995 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
AND 480 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N172W 1000 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NE OF A 
LINE FROM 51N172W TO 30N158W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 31N172E 999 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
180W AND 169E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N171W 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE...600 NM 
SE...660 NM SW AND 420 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N168W 989 MB. WITHIN 540 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 600 NM NE AND 1020 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N W OF 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 165W AND FROM 56N TO 63N W OF 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 58N BETWEEN 160W AND 
172W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 53N BETWEEN 157W AND 
169W.

.HIGH 48N151W 1038 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N149W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N146W 1036 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N160E 1028 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT NOV 20.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN NOV 21.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 22.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14.5N95W 
TO 12.5N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 96W AND 104W 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95.5W
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 
97W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.COLD FRONT 30N125W TO 27N140W. NW OF FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN BUILDING NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N117W TO 25N125W TO 
24N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 12N TO 23N W OF 
120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE WINDS WAVES AND 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 29N115W TO 13N120W TO 10N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST 
SEAS N OF 23N. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.TROUGH 17N114W TO 09N122W MOV W 5 TO 10 KT. WITHIN 90 NM W OF 
TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 15N120W TO 08N123W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1430 UTC SAT NOV 20...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM W OF TROUGH 
FROM 17N114W TO 09N122W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 11N86W TO 13N115W TO 
09N123W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
180 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 103W AND 111W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 65 NM OF LINE 14.5N92W TO 10N93W. 

$$
FORECASTER COBB

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.