Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 10:48:20 -0600

184 
FZPN40 PHFO 201648
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT NOV 20 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 20 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 21 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 22 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT FROM 30N173E TO 25N165E TO 24N160E MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS
25 TO 35 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN 164E AND 167E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
ELSEWHERE N OF 25N W OF 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 25N176E TO 21N166E. WINDS
20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N179E TO 24N180W TO 30N168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 22N175W TO 18N180W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N162E 1006 MB MOVING ENE 30 KT. WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT N OF 26N W OF 166E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N179W TO 26N173E MOVING E 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT ABSORBED BY ABOVE FRONT.

.TROUGH FROM 29N156W TO 19N155W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 90 NM TO 240 NM E OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 23N147W TO 11N151W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 22N152W TO 14N153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N160W TO 18N170W TO 20N170E TO 20N160E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178W TO 25N170E TO 24N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N161W TO 17N175W TO 
13N170E TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N153W TO 
27N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 
23N170E TO 25N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
24N140W TO 25N160W TO 21N180W TO 18N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 20N140W TO 
28N160W TO 14N180W TO 20N167E TO 24N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 03N TO 08N W OF 170E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 11N148W...AND FROM 11N153W TO 07N165W TO 
11N175E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 08N TO 14N E OF 160W.

$$

.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.