Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 12:30:12 -0600

306 
ATHW40 PHFO 201830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SAT NOV 20 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 20 2010

WATER VAPOR SHOWS A WELL DEFINED UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVER THE BIG 
ISLAND THAT EXTENDS NNE TO 30N 153W...AND SW TO 10N 165W. THE UPPER 
TROUGH IS REFLECTED AT THE SURFACE BY A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH LOCATED 
OVER THE BIG ISLANDS AND EXTENDS NNE UNDER THE UPPER LOW. THE 
COMBINATION OF BOTH ARE PRODUCING A CLOUD BAND JUST NORTH OF THE BIG 
ISLAND. THE BAND IS MADE UP OF LOW AND MID CLOUDS JUST NORTH OF THE 
BIG ISLAND...BUT 200 MILES N OF HILO...THE BAND STRENGTHENS WITH 
LAYERED CLOUDS UP TO 35 THOUSAND FEET WITH EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS 
AND EXTENDS N TO 30N 150W. 

A COLD FRONT FAR NW OF KAUAI IS MOVING ENE AT 30 MPH. THE FRONT IS 
PRODUCING BROKEN TO OVERCAST SKIES NORTH OF 22N BETWEEN 160W AND 
THE DATELINE WITH SOME EMBEDDED SHOWERS. 

ANOTHER WEAK SURFACE TROUGH LOCATED 400 MILES ESE OF THE BIG ISLAND 
IS PRODUCING ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NEAR 18N 148W. CLOUD TOPS IN 
THESE THUNDERSTORMS ARE REACHING 40 THOUSAND FEET. 

OVER THE ISLANDS...SCATTERED HIGH CLOUDS ARE MOVING QUICKLY OVERHEAD 
FROM THE NW. LOW CLOUDS ARE LINGERING OVER THE LOWER SLOPES AND 
COASTS OF THE WINDWARD BIG ISLAND...WINDWARD OAHU AND INTERIOR 
MOUNTAIN AREAS OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS. THE REST OF THE STATE IS 
PARTLY CLOUDY. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.