Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 15:45:22 -0600

751 
FZPN01 KWBC 202145
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT NOV 20 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 20. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 21. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW S OF AREA 28N161E 994 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 240 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 37N W OF 170W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW JUST NW OF AREA 57N174E 978 MB MOVING N 20 KT. WITHIN 660 
NM E AND S SEMICIRCLES WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 65N177E 992 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS NW OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N127W 1000 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 NM 
NW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 720 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. WITHIN 540 NM E OF A LINE 
FROM 53N144W TO 35N132W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST. FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 130W AND 140W NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N174W 994 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 34N TO 48N BETWEEN 
167W AND 177W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N171W 999 MB. FROM 46N TO 62N BETWEEN 
158W AND 171W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. N OF 61N E OF 176W W TO SW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N178E 999 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
173W AND 165E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N170W 992 MB. FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 
151W AND 179W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N170W 987 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 38N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 151W AND 180W AND FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 150W AND 162W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 420 NM E OF A LINE FROM 48N167W TO 38N161W TO 30N153W S 
TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS MERGED WITH LOW 39N170W DESCRIBED 
IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 167W AND FROM 60N TO 63N W OF 172W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 58N BETWEEN 159W AND 
169W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 36N TO 52N BETWEEN 155W AND 
170W. 

.HIGH 49N150W 1037 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N148W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N145W 1036 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N162E 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT NOV 20.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN NOV 21.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 22.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W TO 
12.5N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT. FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 98W AND 104W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 13N BETWEEN 
95W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 04N TO 12N BETWEEN 98W AND 106W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.COLD FRONT 30N124W TO 27N140W. NW OF FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN BUILDING NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 29N115W TO 24N124W TO 
24N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 15N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 13N TO 23N W OF 
118W AND FROM 08N TO 12N W OF 134W NE TO WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN MIXED NE WINDS WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 
29N115W TO 23N117W TO 23N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SAT NOV 20...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 105W 
AND 110W. 

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N85W TO 10N104W THEN 
CONTINUE FROM 10N124W TO 09N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.