Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 16:42:10 -0600

128 
FZPN40 PHFO 202242
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT NOV 20 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 20 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 21 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 22 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 1003 MB W OF AREA NEAR 27N 155E MOVING E 20 
KT. E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 25N W OF 164E.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 999 MB W OF AREA NEAR 28N 158E. WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT N OF 27N W OF 163E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF 24N W OF 
166E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N161E 994 MB. WINDS 35 TO 50 KT N OF 28N W 
OF 166E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT ELSEWHERE N OF 22N W OF 172E. 

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT FROM 30N177E TO 25N167E TO 24N160E MOVING E 30 KT ALONG 30N.
MOVING SLOWLY SE NEAR 160E. WINDS 30 TO 35 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 167E 
AND 174E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N173W TO 
25N180E TO 24N170E TO 25N162E TO 30N161E. SCATTERED STRONG TSTMS 
WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 27N180W TO 
24N171E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 27N176E TO 27N170E. WINDS
20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N168W TO 25N176W TO 25N180W TO 
30N180W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 24N172W. 
ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 29N155W TO 24N157W TO 19N156W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
WEAKENING. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 45NM OF POINT 23N153W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 23N147W TO 18N150W TO 15N153W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 19N TO 23N BETWEEN 146W AND 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH RELOCATED FROM 25N153W TO 20N152W 
TO 17N151W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 30N148W DRIFTING W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N158W TO 22N163W TO 18N170W TO 17N176E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 17N160E TO 17N169E NEARLY STATIONARY AND DISSIPATING. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 25N175E TO 23N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 26N160W TO 
18N170W TO 16N180W TO 20N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N140W TO 
25N160W TO 20N180W TO 19N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 19 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N168E TO 
26N160E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N170E TO 
22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N140W TO 23N150W TO 
27N160W TO 21N173W TO 24N170E TO 30N170E. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N150W TO 07N160W TO 08N178W TO 08N170E TO 
07N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 146W...WITHIN 
120 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 155W AND 161W...FROM 10N TO 14N BETWEEN 
147W AND 153W...FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 177W AND 177E...AND FROM 04N 
TO 08N W OF 169E.

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.