Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 18:30:16 -0600

583 
ATHW40 PHFO 210030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN NOV 21 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 21 2010

WATER VAPOR SHOWS A WELL DEFINED UPPER LEVEL TROUGH 50 MILES EAST 
OF HILO...MOVING EAST AT 10 MPH. THE UPPER TROUGH IS ORIENTED N-S 
FROM 30N 153W TO 20N 153W...AND THEN SW TO 10N 165W. THE UPPER 
TROUGH IS REFLECTED AT THE SURFACE BY A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH LOCATED 
JUST N OF THE BIG ISLANDS EXTENDING NNE UNDER THE UPPER LOW. THE 
COMBINATION OF BOTH TROUGHS ARE PRODUCING A CLOUD BAND CENTERED OVER 
30N 150N EXTENDING SSW BEFORE ENDING 200 MILES NNE OF HILO. 

A COLD FRONT FAR NW OF KAUAI IS MOVING ENE AT 30 MPH. THE FRONT IS 
PRODUCING BROKEN TO OVERCAST SKIES NORTH OF 22N BETWEEN 160W AND 
THE DATELINE WITH SOME EMBEDDED SHOWERS. 

ANOTHER WEAK SURFACE TROUGH LOCATED 400 MILES ESE OF THE BIG ISLAND 
IS PRODUCING ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NEAR 18N 148W. CLOUD TOPS IN 
THESE THUNDERSTORMS ARE REACHING 45 THOUSAND FEET. 

OVER THE ISLANDS...SCATTERED HIGH CLOUDS CONTINUE TO MOVE QUICKLY 
OVERHEAD FROM THE NW. LOW CLOUDS COVER MOST OF THE BIG ISLAND WITH 
ONLY THE COASTS AND SUMMITS SEEING PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES. MAUI HAS 
MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES OVER THE MOUNTAINS AND SLOPES WITH PARTLY CLOUDY 
SKIES OVER THE CENTRAL VALLEY. THE REST OF THE ISLANDS HAVE MOSTLY 
CLOUDY SKIES OVER WINDWARD AND MOUNTAIN AREAS AND MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES 
OVER LEEWARD LOCATIONS. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.