Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:12:53 -0600

539 
ATPQ40 PGUM 210312
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SUN NOV 21 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

CONVERGING WINDS SOUTH OF A FRONTAL BOUNDARY ARE CAUSING SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE NORTHERN CNMI AND MINAMI 
TORI SHIMA WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 18N141E TO 19N146E TO 
21N150E TO 25N153E.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 24N180 TO 22N172E...THEN 
CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO 20N163E. THE BOUNDARY FINALLY TURNS 
WESTWARD TO END AT 20N154E. CLOUDS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE EVIDENT 
ALONG AND UP TO 130 MILES NORTH OF THIS FEATURE.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS EASTWARD FROM SOUTH OF MINDANAO THROUGH 6N130E 
TO END AT 5N133E. CONVERGING WINDS NEAR THE TROUGH ARE COUPLING 
WITH UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE TO CREATE SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER PALAU BUT JUST WEST OF YAP...OR WITHIN 150 MILES 
OF A LINE FROM 10N132E TO 5N136E TO EQ137E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHWARD FROM 1N145E TO 10N147E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE 
TROUGH WEST OF CHUUK WITHIN 135 MILES OF A LINE FROM 3N142E TO 
8N149E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS OVER POHNPEI 
AND KOSRAE BETWEEN 3N AND 11N FROM 156E TO 166E. WIDELY SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE ALSO FOUND EAST OF THE DISTURBANCE OVER KWAJALEIN AND 
MAJURO BETWEEN 5N AND 11N FROM 167E TO 180.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.