Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:46:40 -0600

153 
FZPN01 KWBC 210346
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN NOV 21 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 21. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 22. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N W OF 164E E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST S OF AREA NEAR 29N166E 1000 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 180 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 37N W OF 172E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N125W 996 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 33N TO 52N BETWEEN 123W 
AND 139W 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND NEWLY FORMED SECOND LOW 
46N123W 1007 MB. WITHIN 660 NM SW AND 720 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 57N BETWEEN 
125W AND 147W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N125W 1011 MB. FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 
124W AND 141W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N173W 996 MB MOVING N 35 KT. FROM 40N TO THE ALEUTIAN 
ISLANDS BETWEEN 155W AND 177W WINDS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N171W 996 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND E 
SEMICIRCLES...AND N OF 48N BETWEEN 156W AND 165W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF AREA AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY 
LOW 50N170W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N173W 996 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
148W AND 173E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N169W 992 MB. FROM 30N TO 48N BETWEEN 
150W AND 177W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N170W 987 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 42N TO 59N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 170W AND FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 150W AND 160W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW JUST NW OF AREA 59N175E 981 MB MOVING N 20 KT. WITHIN 540 
NM SW QUADRANT...AND N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS BETWEEN 169W AND 
176E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL N OF AREA AND CONDITIONS 
ABSORBED BY LOW 60N171W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 53N TO 57N BETWEEN 140W AND 152W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE WITH LOW 46N123W 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 173W AND N OF 55N W OF 180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 61N BETWEEN 159W AND 
170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM N AND E OF A LINE FROM 
49N170W TO 49N161W TO 37N160W. 

.HIGH 48N150W 1038 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N147W 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N145W 1034 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 33N175W 1020 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N164E 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN NOV 21.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 22.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 23.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 
96W AND 104W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 13N BETWEEN 95W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 04N TO 12N BETWEEN 99W AND 105W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.COLD FRONT 30N121W TO 26N140W. W OF 136W WITHIN 90 NM N OF 
FRONT NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF FRONT 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 28N115W TO 23.5N124W TO 
24N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN 
NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 28N. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 20N140W 
TO 20N130W TO 26N118W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 
118W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES 
AND NW SWELL. N OF 25N WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA 
NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 14N 
W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SUN NOV 21...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 11N TO 14N BETWEEN 105W 
AND 110W. 

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09.5N85W TO 07N93W TO 
07.5N114W TO 10N120W TO 09N126W TO 10N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.