Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 22:42:14 -0600

808 
FZPN40 PHFO 210442
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN NOV 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 1005 MB W OF AREA NEAR 27N153E MOVING E 20 
KT. E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N W OF 166E.
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 1003 MB W OF AREA NEAR 27N158E. WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT N OF 28N W OF 163E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 
30N167E TO 26N166E TO 23N160E.  
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N160E 1003 MB. WINDS 30 TO 45 KT N OF 28N W 
OF 166E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N170E TO 
26N170E TO 23N160E.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N166E 1003 MB. WINDS 35 TO 50 KT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 169E AND 162E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 
30N174E TO 24N170E TO 22N160E.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N179E TO 25N170E TO 24N161E MOVING E 25 KT ALONG 30N.
MOVING SLOWLY SE NEAR 160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 24N BETWEEN 174W 
AND 169E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 17N BETWEEN 178E AND 167W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 25N17WE TO 23N175E. WINDS
20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 167W AND 177W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 24N171W. 
ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 28N155W TO 23N157W TO 19N157W NEARLY 
STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 24N147W TO 20N150W TO 16N153W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 19N TO 24N BETWEEN 145W AND 150W...AND 
FROM 11N TO 15N BETWEEN 147W AND 155W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH RELOCATED FROM 27N153W TO 23N154W 
TO 19N152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N156W TO 22N163W TO 18N170W TO 17N175E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 19N160E TO 17N170E NEARLY STATIONARY AND DISSIPATING. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 25N175E TO 22N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 26N163W TO 
18N170W TO 15N180W TO 20N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N165W TO 
20N180W TO 19N169E TO 19N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT NE OF A LINE FROM 
24N140W TO 24N157W TO 30N165W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 19 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N169E TO 
26N160E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N176E TO 
22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N140W TO 20N150W TO 
26N160W TO 23N170W TO 24N175E TO 30N176E. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N150W TO 06N164W TO 08N180W TO 09N170E TO 
08N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 11N E OF 165W...AND 
FROM 04N TO 11N W OF 179W. 

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 20N TO 25N BETWEEN 162W AND 166W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.