Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 23:00:15 -0600

416 
ATHW40 PHFO 210500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN NOV 21 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC NOVEMBER 21 2010

LOW CEILINGS ARE PREVALENT ON THE BIG ISLAND OVER THE MOUNTAIN 
SLOPES BELOW 10 THOUSAND FEET THIS EARLY EVENING.  BROKEN TO 
OCCASIONALLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDINESS IS THE RULE OVER MAUI AND 
LANAI...AND...TO A LESSER EXTENT...MOLOKAI.  SKIES HAVE BEEN CLEAR 
TO PARTLY CLOUDY ON OAHU AND KAUAI...IGNORING HIGH CLOUDS THAT HAVE 
BEEN STREAMING OVER EACH ISLE FROM THE NORTH-NORTHWEST.  LOW CLOUD 
MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...CONDITIONS ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR 
TO SCATTERED...AGAIN DISCOUNTING CIRRUS CLOUDINESS OVER THE WESTERN 
PART OF THE ISLAND CHAIN.

A FRONT IS FAR NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS BEEN MOVING EAST NEAR 30 
MPH ALONG 30N.  HIGH CLOUDS FLOWING OVER THE SURFACE BOUNDARY HAVE 
BEEN OVERSPREADING THE AREA NORTH OF 20N WEST OF 157W...WITH SOME OF 
THIS CLOUDINESS...AS MENTIONED ABOVE...SWEEPING OVER KAUAI...OAHU... 
AND THEIR ADJACENT WATERS.  THE SYSTEM IS APPROACHING MIDWAY 
ATOLL...WHERE THE LATEST SURFACE OBSERVATIONS SHOW REDUCED 
VISIBILITY DUE TO RAIN AND FOG...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS...AND WEST- 
SOUTHWEST WINDS AS HIGH AS 30 MPH...GUSTING TO NEAR 40 MPH.

A MID-LEVEL TROUGH WEST OF THE STATE IS INDUCING SHOWERS AND 
THUNDERSTORMS.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION HAS BEEN OCCURRING MORE THAN 
200 MILES WEST OF KAUAI...FROM 20N TO 25N BETWEEN 163.5W AND 166W.

A MID- TO HIGH-LEVEL TROUGH IS ABOUT 125 MILES EAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND AND HAS BEEN HEADING EAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH OVER THE PAST SIX 
HOURS.  THE AXIS OF A SEGMENT OF THE TROUGH IS ALONG A LINE FROM 
22N152W TO 17N154W TO 11N163W.  CONVECTION HAS BEEN PARTICULARLY 
ACTIVE EAST OF THE TROUGH AXIS...MUCH OF THE ACTIVITY HAS RECENTLY 
BEEN FIRING FROM 18N TO 23N BETWEEN 147W AND 150W.  LESSER AMOUNTS 
OF SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN IGNITING FROM 20.5N 
TO 24N BETWEEN 151W AND 153.5W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.