Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 03:53:31 -0600

411 
FZPN01 KWBC 210953
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SUN NOV 21 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 21. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 22. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N W OF 165E E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST S OF AREA NEAR 28N167E 998 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 39N W OF 176E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.INLAND LOW 42N123W 999 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 32N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 121W AND 137W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 15 TO 29 
FT...EXCEPT N OF 48N 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 50N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 137W AND 148W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND NEWLY FORMED SECOND LOW 
46N123W 1008 MB. FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 125W AND 142W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 50N TO 57N BETWEEN 
140W AND 152W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 38N 
BETWEEN 118W AND 145W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 44N123W 1007 MB. FROM 39N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 138W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 50N BETWEEN 120W AND 140W WINDS LESS THAN 
25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N171W 995 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
148W AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N168W 994 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
150W AND 164W...AND FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 153W AND 178W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N167W 991 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM OF LOW...AND FROM 30N TO 57N BETWEEN 149W AND 158W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N173W 999 MB MOVING N 35 KT. FROM 40N TO THE ALEUTIAN 
ISLANDS BETWEEN 157W AND 174W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF AREA. N OF 56N BETWEEN 159W AND 
167W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 53N167W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 61N175E 986 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA 67N178W 995 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
ABOVE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL N OF AREA AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY 
LOW 53N167W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 172W AND N OF 57N W OF 172W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 61N BETWEEN 159W AND 
170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 59N BETWEEN 152W AND 
165W. 

.HIGH 47N149W 1036 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N146W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N145W 1033 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH JUST W OF AREA 42N159E 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N166E 1032 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 34N170W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN NOV 21.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 22.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 23.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. FROM 05N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 
105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.COLD FRONT 30N119W TO 26N126W TO 24N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 27N113W TO 22N125W. N 
OF 28N BETWEEN 121W AND 137W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
14 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N118W TO 18N130W TO 
18N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 
12N TO 18N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 
120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL. N OF 25N  
WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO
10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 14N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SUN NOV 21...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 08N91W TO 
11N110W TO 09N128W TO 10N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.