Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 04:45:08 -0600

310 
FZPN40 PHFO 211045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN NOV 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF FORECAST WATERS NEAR 28N154E 1003MB. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N W OF 165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 28N158E 1001MB.  WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N W OF 165E.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N161E 1000MB.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N W OF 167E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N 
OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 28N172E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N167E 1001MB.  WINDS 25 TO 40 KT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE FROM 26N160E TO 27N163E TO 30N167E.  WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 24N170E TO 
30N176W.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 25N173E TO 22N162E MOVING E 35 KT ALONG 
30N...AND ESE 25 KT SW END OF FRONT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 
NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 27N.  ISOLATED TSTMS N OF THE FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 25N170W.  WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST WATERS.

.TROUGH FROM 25N151W TO 21N150W TO 14N153W MOVING W SLOWLY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 26N158W TO 19N163W TO 16N172W TO 17N175E NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 20N162E TO 17N173E NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N165E TO 30N170W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 20N160E TO 06N180E TO 24N156W TO 
22N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 28N W OF 165E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 16N160E TO 16N180W TO 25N162W TO 
12N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF 12N BETWEEN 165W AND 180E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE FROM 26N160E TO 
30N170E.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 
22N165E TO 26N173E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF AREA N OF A LINE FROM 
20N160E TO 20N173E TO 00S179E TO 00N158W TO 10N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 20N BETWEEN 160W AND 180E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 07N165W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE 
ITCZ. 

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.