Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 06:00:11 -0600

932 
ATHW40 PHFO 211200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC SUN NOV 21 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC NOVEMBER 21 2010

EXCEPT FOR OCCASIONAL HIGH-CLOUD CEILINGS FROM KAUAI TO MAUI...SKIES 
ARE GENERALLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY OVER THE ALOHA STATE AND 
ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS THIS EARLY MORNING.  LOW CEILINGS HAVE BEEN 
MAINLY OCCURRING IN WINDWARD PORTIONS OF THE BIG ISLAND...ESPECIALLY 
IN HILO...PUNA...AND NORTHERN SECTIONS OF KAU...AND COASTAL AND 
UPSLOPE AREAS OF EAST MAUI...INCLUDING NORTHERN SECTIONS OF THE 
CENTRAL VALLEY AROUND KAHULUI.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST AT 
10 TO 15 MPH ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.

A FRONT IS FAR NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS BEEN PUSHING EAST AT 35 TO 
40 MPH ALONG 30N OVER THE PAST SEVEN HOURS.  AN AREA OF SHOWERS AND 
THUNDERSTORMS HAS RECENTLY FORMED ALONG THE LEADING EDGE OF THE 
BOUNDARY.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS CURRENTLY WITHIN 60 MILES 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 25N175W TO 25N177.5W TO 
23.5N179.5E.  THE FRONT HAS PASSED MIDWAY ATOLL...WHERE THE LATEST 
SURFACE OBSERVATIONS INDICATE FEW TO SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS...REDUCED 
VISIBILITY DUE TO MIST...AND WINDS FROM THE NORTHWEST AROUND 15 MPH 
GUSTING TO 25 MPH.  HIGH CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS WEATHER SYSTEM 
HAVE BEEN QUITE PLENTIFUL NORTH OF 20N WEST OF 156W...AND IT IS SOME 
OF THESE ELEMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN SWEEPING OVER THE ISLES FROM THE 
NORTH-NORTHWEST AS ALLUDED TO IN THE FIRST PARAGRAPH.

THE MID-LEVEL TROUGH THAT HAS BEEN MORE THAN 200 MILES WEST OF KAUAI 
HAS WEAKENED TO SOME EXTENT.  MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS THAT HAD BEEN OCCURRING WITH THE FEATURE HAVE 
DISSIPATED.  A LIMITED AMOUNT OF CONVECTION REMAINS FROM 19.5N TO 
26N BETWEEN 163W AND 165W.

A LOW APPEARS TO HAVE DEVELOPED ALONG A MID- TO UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH 
AXIS EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...NEAR 24N150.5W...OR AROUND 400 MILES 
NORTHEAST OF HILO.  THE AXIS EXTENDS FROM THE LOW SOUTH-SOUTHWEST TO 
18N152W TO 15N155W.  THE LOW IS HEADING NORTH-NORTHEAST NEAR 10 
MPH...WHILE THE TROUGH AXIS IS MOVING SLOWLY EAST.  SHOWERS AND 
THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN FIRING NEAR THE LOW...MOST OF IT BEING 
WITHIN 65 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 26N149W TO 24N151.5W.  
MORE CONVECTION HAS BEEN IGNITING EAST OF THE AXIS...ESPECIALLY FROM 
16.5N TO 24N BETWEEN 146.5W AND 149.5W...AND TO A LESSER EXTENT... 
FROM 17N TO 22N BETWEEN 149.5W AND 151W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.