Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 09:45:34 -0600

252 
FZPN01 KWBC 211545
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SUN NOV 21 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 21. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 22. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 33N W OF 165E WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 38N W OF 165E E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST S OF AREA NEAR 29N162E 997 MB. FROM 
30N TO 35N W OF 167E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST S OF AREA NEAR 28N164E 998 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 177E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.INLAND LOW 43N121W 997 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 32N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 25 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 50N TO 56N BETWEEN 127W AND 145W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND NEWLY FORMED SECOND LOW 
48N125W 1011 MB. FROM 36N TO 54N BETWEEN 125W AND 143W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. FROM 36N TO 48N BETWEEN 124W 
AND 136W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N170W 996 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
150W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N168W 999 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
150W AND 165W...AND FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 153W AND 176W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N165W 992 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 46N BETWEEN 148W AND 156W...AND FROM 46N TO 62N BETWEEN 
150W AND 178W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N173W 999 MB MOVING N 35 KT. WITHIN 540 NM NE 
QUADRANT...AND FROM 40N TO THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS BETWEEN 158W AND 
171W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF AREA. N OF 60N BETWEEN 159W AND 
167W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 65N176E 990 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 540 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS MOVED N OF AREA. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 58N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 172W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 55N BETWEEN 155W AND 
170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 54N BETWEEN 151W AND 
161W. 

.HIGH 46N149W 1037 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N146W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N145W 1033 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH JUST W OF AREA 43N159E 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N169E 1035 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 34N168W 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN NOV 21.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 22.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 23.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N116W TO 26N125W. W OF FRONT WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 13N TO 18N W OF 
120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.  N OF 18N W OF 118W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL. N OF 20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SUN NOV 21...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...09N84W TO 06N105W TO 10N120W TO 
09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 120 NM N OF AXIS 
FROM 122W TO 124W.

$$
FORECASTER DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.