Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 10:45:13 -0600

433 
FZPN40 PHFO 211645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN NOV 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF FORECAST WATERS NEAR 28N156E 1000MB. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 27N168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 29N159E 1000MB.  WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 27N169E.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N163E 1000MB.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 29N W OF 168E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N 
OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 22N166E TO 28N172E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N165E 1000MB.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A 
LINE FROM 22N160E TO 24N174E TO 30N180W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 25N179E TO 22N168E MOVING E 30 KT.  WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 30N171W TO 23N179W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 25N170W TO 24N176W.  WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.  FRONT WILL STALL AND MOVE N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST WATERS.

.TROUGH FROM 25N151W TO 22N151W TO 14N154W MOVING W SLOWLY.  
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN TROUGH AND 145W.

.RIDGE FROM 26N158W TO 19N163W TO 17N175W TO 19N177E NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM THE W.

.WEAKENING RIDGE FROM 20N167E TO 19N175E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N165E TO 30N170W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 20N160E TO 06N180E TO 24N156W TO 
22N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 28N W OF 165E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 16N160E TO 16N180W TO 25N162W TO 
12N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF 12N BETWEEN 165W AND 180E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE FROM 26N160E TO 
30N170E.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 
22N165E TO 26N173E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF AREA N OF A LINE FROM 
20N160E TO 20N173E TO 00S179E TO 00N158W TO 10N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N165W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM N AND 
60 NM S OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.