Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 15:44:22 -0600

311 
FZPN01 KWBC 212144
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN NOV 21 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 21. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 22. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST S OF AREA NEAR 29N160E 993 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 38N W OF 170E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST S OF AREA NEAR 28N167E 999 MB. FROM 
30N TO 40N W OF 178W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N125W 1006 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 780 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT...EXCEPT 8 TO 15 FT IN NW 
QUADRANT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND NEWLY FORMED SECOND LOW 
47N126W 1009 MB. FROM 42N TO 54N BETWEEN 125W AND 141W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. FROM 34N TO 46N BETWEEN 123W 
AND 133W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N169W 996 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 
154W AND 177W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N168W 992 MB. FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 
151W AND 161W...AND FROM 43N TO 58N BETWEEN 153W AND 178W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N164W 991 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 47N TO 63N 
BETWEEN 148W AND 178E...AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
47N153W TO 41N153W TO 30N155W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N172W 994 MB MOVING N 35 KT. WITHIN 480 NM NE 
QUADRANT...AND FROM 45N TO THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS BETWEEN 157W AND 
169W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS MOVED N OF AREA. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW NW OF AREA 62N178E 993 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 480 NM E AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS MOVED N OF AREA.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 159W AND 171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 53N BETWEEN 155W AND 
167W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 54N BETWEEN 151W AND 
157W. 

.HIGH 46N148W 1037 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N145W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N144W 1033 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N162E 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N170E 1034 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 36N164W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN NOV 21.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 22.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 23.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 03N TO 11N BETWEEN 97W AND 105W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N116W TO 25N122W. NW OF LINE FROM 20N 
140W TO 20N130W TO 30N116W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 28N. FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 133W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 
135W AND FROM 13N TO 19N BETWEEN 116W AND 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED N SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES. N OF 24N 
WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 19N W OF 113W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 18N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED N SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES. N OF 25N 
WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SUN NOV 21...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...09N84W TO 07N106W TO 10N122W TO 
09N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.