Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 16:40:16 -0600

681 
FZPN40 PHFO 212240
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SUN NOV 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING..
.SE WINDS INCREASING TO 25 TO 30 KT N OF 27N W OF 163E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS N OF 25N W OF 161E.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF FORECAST WATERS NEAR 29N157E 998 MB 
MOVING E 15 KT.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF A LINE FROM 24N160E TO 
30N168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N160E 994 MB.  WINDS 25 TO 40 KT WITHIN 540 
NM E AND 420 NM S QUADRANTS FROM LOW CENTER. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N166E 999 MB.  WINDS 30 TO 35 KT N OF 28N W 
OF 166E. OTHERWISE WINDS WINDS 25 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E 
TO 21N170E TO 30N180W. 
SEE KWBC FORECAST FOR STORM CONDITIONS N OF 30N. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 23N180E TO 22N170E MOVING E 15 KT. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 
27N169W TO 26N162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 25N170W TO 22N180E.  WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENING THROUGH 30N160W TO 25N170W.

.TROUGH FROM 25N150W TO 22N151W TO 19N151W MOVING NW 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH N OF 23N...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE 21N146W TO 15N150W. 

.RIDGE FROM 27N155W TO 20N165W TO 16N178E NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 23N163W TO 30N161W...
AND LINE 08N162W TO 06N174W. ALSO FROM 06N TO 08N BETWEEN 172E AND 
163E.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N160E TO 20N180W TO 27N166W TO 
23N150W TO 23N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 18 FT N OF 24N W OF 165E. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 24N173E TO 20N178W TO 
30N160W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT NE OF LINE 30N158W TO 22N150W TO 13N140W. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT S OF 11N BETWEEN 167W AND 179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 
20N170E TO 30N176W...SEAS HIGHEST N OF 24N.   SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 
LINE FROM 21N171 TO 24N160W TO 24N150W...AND ALSO E OF 150W N OF 
10N. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N153W TO 08N162W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 
NM N OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 153W AND 162W.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.