Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 21:05:56 -0600

451 
ATPQ40 PGUM 220305
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST MON NOV 22 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N152E TO 21N144E...THEN 
CONTINUES WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AS A STATIONARY FRONT TO BEYOND 25N AT 
135E. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 70 
MILES NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS SOUTHWEST OF 
KOROR...OE WEST OF A LINE FROM 9N130E TO 7N133E TO EQ134E.

A SURFACE TROUGH IS SITUATED WEST OF POHNPEI. THE TROUGH EXTENDS 
NORTHEASTWARD FROM 7N156E TO END AT 12N158E. WINDS CONVERGING NEAR 
AND EAST OF THE TROUGH ARE PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 7N155E TO 10N159E TO 
5N170E. THIS AREA INCLUDES POHNPEI AND KWAJALEIN. KOSRAE LIES JUST 
SOUTH OF THIS AREA...WHILE MAJURO IS LOCATED TO THE EAST OF IT.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS WESTWARD FROM 22N180 TO 22N172E...THEN 
CONTINUES WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AS A STATIONARY FRONT TO BEYOND 25N AT 
162E. CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE OCCURRING ALONG THIS BOUNDARY 
AND NORTHWARD TO BEYOND 25N.

$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.