Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 22:01:02 -0600

270 
FZPN01 KWBC 220400
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC MON NOV 22 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 22. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 23. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF 164E AND S OF 35N E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST W OF 165E AND S OF 37N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 168E AND S OF 39N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF 168E AND FROM 30N TO 35N WINDS 40 TO 55 
KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 171E AND S OF 40N WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N W OF 178W WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 39N W OF 174W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N124W 1003 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM S AND 540 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 
 .24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND NEWLY FORMED SECOND LOW 
45N122W 1008 MB. FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 125W AND 140W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. FROM 33N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W 
AND 129W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 43N168W 995 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 36N TO 50N BETWEEN 
155W AND 178W AND WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO THE ALEUTIANS BETWEEN 
154W AND 178W AND WITHIN 480 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N165W 994 MB. FROM 30N TO 55N BETWEEN 
150W AND 160W...AND WITHIN 420 NM OF CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N163W 991 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW QUADRANT 
AND S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM E AND S AND 600 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 
240 NM OF A FRONT FROM 50N151W TO 35N154W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N171W 997 MB MOVING N 35 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
300 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS MOVED N OF AREA. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 54N173E TO 47N160E AREA OF SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.  

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 60N BETWEEN 155W AND 
165W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 45N TO 54N BETWEEN 150W AND 
153W. 

.HIGH 44N146W 1036 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N145W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N143W 1031 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N166E 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N172E 1036 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N175W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N164W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER OSZAJCA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 22.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 23.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED NOV 24.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 03N TO 11N BETWEEN 98W AND 105W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 29N115W TO 25N122W. NW OF LINE FROM 
20N140W TO 20N128W TO 29N115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 28N. FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 130W 
AND FROM 15N TO 19N BETWEEN 119W AND 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 11N TO 19N E OF 
120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED N SWELL AND NE 
WIND WAVES. N OF 24N WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA 
NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 11N 
W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 18N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED N SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES. N OF 25N 
WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC MON NOV 22...

SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG FROM 12N TO 16N BETWEEN 113W AND 
119W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...09N84W TO 07N98W TO 09N113W TO 
08N119W TO 10N125W TO 07N133W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 90 NM N AND 30 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 90W AND 100W.

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.