Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 22:40:14 -0600

228 
FZPN40 PHFO 220440
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON NOV 22 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 22 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 23 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 24 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.SE WINDS INCREASING TO 25 TO 35 KT N OF 23N W OF 168E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS N OF 25N W OF 163E.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF FORECAST WATERS NEAR 29N159E 995 MB 
MOVING E 15 KT.  WINDS 25 TO 40 KT WITHIN 540 NM SE QUADRANT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N161E 996 MB.  WINDS 25 TO 40 KT WITHIN 600 
NM E AND 360 NM S QUADRANTS FROM LOW CENTER...AND OVER FORECAST AREA 
N OF LOW. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 27N167E 1002 MB.  WINDS 30 TO 40 KT N OF 27N W 
OF 172E. OTHERWISE WINDS WINDS 25 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 27N160E 
TO  22N170E TO 30N173W. 
SEE KWBC FORECAST FOR STORM CONDITIONS N OF 30N. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 22N180E THENCE STATIONARY FRONT TO 
22N170E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 NM 
E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.  ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 
AREA BETWEEN FRONT AND 162W N OF 24N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 24N171W THENCE STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 24N180E.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENING THROUGH 30N160W TO 25N170W.

.TROUGH FROM 26N152W TO 20N152W MOVING NW 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN AREA FROM 21N TO 24N BETWEEN 151W AND 146W AND WITHIN 
60 NM OF LINE 21N145W TO 18N146W TO 14N150W.

.RIDGE FROM 28N154W TO 20N165W TO 18N177E NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 09N160E TO 06N170E.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N160E TO 20N180W TO 27N166W TO 
23N150W TO 23N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 13 TO 18 FT N OF 24N W OF 165E. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 24N173E TO 20N178W TO 
30N160W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT NE OF LINE 30N158W TO 22N150W TO 13N140W. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT S OF 11N BETWEEN 167W AND 179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 
20N170E TO 30N176W...SEAS HIGHEST N OF 24N.   SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 
LINE FROM 21N171 TO 24N160W TO 24N150W...AND ALSO E OF 150W N OF 
10N. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N153W TO 08N162W. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 
NM N OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.