Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:00:07 -0600

495 
ATHW40 PHFO 220500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON NOV 22 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC NOVEMBER 22 2010

CONVECTIVE LOW CLOUDS OVER THE ALOHA STATE HAVE BEGUN TO MOVE SOUTH 
AND DISSIPATE AS THE EVENING PROGRESSES.  LOW CEILINGS REMAIN...FOR 
THE MOMENT...OVER THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS ON EACH ISLE...ESPECIALLY IN 
KAUAI...EAST MAUI...AND THE BIG ISLAND.  OTHER AREAS ARE CLEAR TO 
PARTLY CLOUDY...OR ARE CLEARING AS THE LOWER CLOUDINESS MOVES AWAY 
AND SCATTERS OUT.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST-NORTHEAST 
NEAR 10 MPH ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.

EXCEPT FOR OCCASIONAL STREAKS OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS 
MOVING OVER THE AREA FROM THE NORTHWEST...SKIES ARE CLEAR TO 
SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

A FRONT IS ABOUT 700 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS BEEN HEADING 
EAST AT 15 TO 20 MPH NORTH OF 27N.  A LARGE SWATH OF BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS...WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS...IS CURRENTLY WEST AND NORTH OF A LINE FROM 30N160W 
TO 22.5N166.5W TO 21.5N180.  SOME OF THE HIGH CLOUDINESS IS FLOWING 
TO THE EAST AND SOUTH OF THE FRONT...WITH SOME OF THE CLOUD ELEMENTS 
OCCASIONALLY STREAMING OVER THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS FROM THE WEST AND 
NORTHWEST...AS ALLUDED TO IN THE SECOND PARAGRAPH.

AN UPPER LOW IS AROUND 475 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF HILO AND HAS BEEN 
PUSHING EAST-NORTHEAST NEAR 10 MPH OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  
CONVECTION IS OCCURRING NEAR THE LOW CENTER...AND IN A LARGE AREA TO 
ITS EAST AND SOUTHEAST.  MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
FIRING FROM 21N TO 24N BETWEEN 149W AND 151W...AND FROM 17N TO 24N 
BETWEEN 143W AND 149W.

LIMITED CONVECTION IS IGNITING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE 
ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE ACTIVITY IS LOCATED FROM 08N 
TO 11N BETWEEN 141W AND 159W...AND FROM 06N TO 09.5N BETWEEN 165W 
AND 174W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.