Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 04:02:45 -0600

993 
FZPN01 KWBC 221002
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC MON NOV 22 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 22. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 23. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF 164E AND S OF 33N E TO SE WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST W OF 165E AND S OF 35N E TO SE WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 169E AND S OF 38N E TO SE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF 171E AND FROM 30N TO 35N WINDS 40 TO 55 
KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 174E AND S OF 40N WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 32N176W 1003 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N 
BETWEEN 160E AND 172W WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 41N W OF 170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 44N167W 993 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 38N TO 53N BETWEEN 
155W AND 178W AND WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO THE ALEUTIANS BETWEEN 
152W AND 178W AND WITHIN 480 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N166W 991 MB. FROM 34N TO 50N BETWEEN 
150W AND 158W...AND WITHIN 480 NM NW...420 NM SW AND SE AND 540 
NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N161W 989 MB. WITHIN 540 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM E 
OF A FRONT FROM 50N147W TO 38N154W S WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 124W AND 141W NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 39N TO 52N E OF 135W NW WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 41N E OF 126W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 50N AND W OF 176E AREA OF SW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 50N BETWEEN 130W AND 136W NW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N LIGHT FREEZING 
SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 36N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 168W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 60N BETWEEN 151W AND 
168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 49N TO 55N BETWEEN 145W AND 
149W. 

.HIGH 42N146W 1036 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N145W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N142W 1033 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N166E 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N172E 1035 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 33N168W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N156W 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER OSZAJCA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 22.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 23.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED NOV 24.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 29N115W TO 26N132W. NW OF LINE FROM 
20N140W TO 20N128W TO 30N117W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 28N. FROM 12N TO 20N BETWEEN 
115W AND 131W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 12N TO 19N W OF 
120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL. N OF 25N WITHIN 
120 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 11N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 122W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL. N OF 25N WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 11N W OF 
113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC MON NOV 22...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 07N101W TO 
07N120W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 92W AND 101W.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.