Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 04:40:27 -0600

981 
FZPN40 PHFO 221040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON NOV 22 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 22 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 23 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 24 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA NEAR 29N157E 998MB MOVING E 10 KT.  WINDS 25 TO 40 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 23N160E TO 24N163E TO 30N168E.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS N OF 25N W OF 165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N163E 997MB.  WINDS 30 TO 40 KT N OF 
28N W OF 167E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
21N160E TO 21N166E TO 24N173E TO 30N176E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 26N167E 1003MB.  WINDS 30 TO 40 KT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 163E AND 175E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
25N160E TO 28N178E TO 26N180E TO 30N171W.

.REFER TO FZPN01 KWBC FORECAST FOR STORM CONDITIONS N OF 30N. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 27N169W TO 22N178W MOVING E 10 KT.  
ISOLATED TSTMS BETWEEN FRONT AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 25N169W TO 24N176W.  FRONT 
WILL STALL AND BEGIN TO MOVE N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 27N170W.

.TROUGH FROM 26N152W TO 18N153W MOVING W 10 KT.  ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS BETWEEN 140W AND 150W BOUNDED BY 18N AND 24N.

.RIDGE FROM 27N156W TO 21N163W TO 19N170W TO 22N177W NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND WEAKENING.

.RIDGE FROM 16N160E TO 18N170E TO 21N175E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 24N W OF 165E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N 
OF A LINE 21N160E TO 00S176W TO 22N150W TO 22N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 27N160E TO 
30N168E.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 24N160E TO 
22N166E TO 26N173E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF AREA N OF A LINE FROM 
20N160E TO 22N170E TO 00S180W TO 00N169W TO 26N165W TO 26N157W TO 
10N150W TO 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 21 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 162E AND 170E.  
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 22N173E TO 
30N179W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REMAINDER OF AREA N OF A LINE FROM 18N160E 
TO 20N173E TO 30N173W...AND E OF A LINE FROM 30N166W TO 06N174E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 04N AND 10N W OF 170E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 07N171W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 
NM N OF THE ITCZ E OF 150W.  ISOLATED TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM 
OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.