Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 06:00:12 -0600

976 
ATHW40 PHFO 221200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC MON NOV 22 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC NOVEMBER 22 2010

SKIES ARE NEARLY CLEAR ACROSS MOST OF THE ISLAND CHAIN THIS EARLY 
MORNING.  LOW CEILINGS HAVE ONLY BEEN OCCURRING FROM TIME TO TIME IN 
WINDWARD SECTIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS 
ALSO SEEMS TO BE AFFECTING THE LOWER MOUNTAIN SLOPES IN KAU AND 
SOUTH KONA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  THE LOW LEVEL FLOW IS FROM THE EAST 
TO SLIGHTLY NORTH OF EAST BETWEEN 10 AND 15 MPH STATEWIDE.

SMALL PATCHES OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS EXIST IMMEDIATELY 
NORTH CLOCKWISE THROUGH EAST...AND SOUTHWEST...FROM THE BIG ISLAND.  
HIGH-LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS ARE GENERATING CEILINGS SOUTHWEST CLOCKWISE 
THROUGH NORTH OF THE GARDEN ISLE OF KAUAI.  ELSEWHERE CONDITIONS ARE 
PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

A FRONT IS ABOUT 600 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AS OF BULLETIN TIME... 
AND...NORTH OF 27N...HAS BEEN HEADING EAST BETWEEN 10 AND 15 MPH 
OVER THE PAST SEVEN HOURS.  A CLUSTER OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS 
HAVE BEEN IGNITING ALONG...OR JUST AHEAD...OF THE BOUNDARY.  MOST OF 
THE ACTIVITY IS CURRENTLY FOUND WITHIN 100 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A 
LINE FROM 38N161W TO 30N163W TO 24N169W.

AN UPPER LOW CONTINUES TO MOVE AWAY FROM THE STATE.  THE SYSTEM IS 
NOW CENTERED 600 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF HILO AND HAS BEEN PICKING 
UP SPEED AS IT MOVES TOWARD THE EAST-NORTHEAST.  LAST EVENING THE 
FEATURE WAS MOVING NEAR 10 MPH...BUT OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS... 
IT HAS BEEN PULLING AWAY AT 15 TO 20 MPH.  SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW ARE WITHIN 90 MILES EITHER 
SIDE OF A LINE FROM 21N151W TO 23N146W TO 20N141W.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  AT THE MOMENT...
MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS BOUNDED BY 13N143W TO 12N137W TO 10N141W 
TO 08N151W TO 09N157W TO 13N143W.  MORE CONVECTION...THOUGH LESS 
ACTIVE...IS LOCATED FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 164W AND 179W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.