Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 09:56:17 -0600

034 
FZPN01 KWBC 221556
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC MON NOV 22 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 22. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 23. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N168W 990 MB MOVING N 20 KT. WITHIN 180 NM W AND 360 NM E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM W SEMICIRCLE AND 660 NM NE AND E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N167W 988 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM W SEMICIRCLE...300 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 
NM E OF A FRONT FROM 55N160W TO 44N154W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N159W 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM W AND S SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW S OF AREA NEAR 29N159E 997 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS S OF 36N AND W OF 167E AREA OF E WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 38N AND W OF 175E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 34N174W 1003 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS S OF 40N AND W OF 167W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 30N166E. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N126W 1008 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. WITHIN 660 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS AND 480 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 
FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR 45N121W 1004 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 660 NM NW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. N OF 37N AND E OF 133W AREA 
OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 40N E OF 126W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA NEAR 61N174E 998 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 50N BETWEEN 168E AND 179W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 45N151E 991 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 39N TO 48N W OF 163E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N LIGHT FREEZING 
SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 59N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 168W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 60N BETWEEN 151W AND 
160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FOG DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 42N146W 1038 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N143W 1034 MB. 

.HIGH 43N161E 1027 MB MOVING NE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N168E 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N175E 1037 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 35N163W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N154W 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 22.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 23.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED NOV 24.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 11N TO 21N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL. N OF 21N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL. N OF 20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 11N W OF 115W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC MON NOV 22...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...07N82W TO 08N110W TO 10N130W TO 
08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF LINE FROM 11N107W TO 14N119W.

$$
FORECASTER DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.