Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:45:24 -0600

091 
FZPN40 PHFO 221645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON NOV 22 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 22 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 23 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 24 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA NEAR 29N159E 997MB MOVING ESE 10 KT.  WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT N OF 28N W OF 166E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE OVER WATERS N OF 
A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 25N172E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 25N W 
OF 169E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 27N165E 1001MB.  WINDS 30 TO 40 KT N OF 
28N W OF 168E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
22N160E TO 22N170E TO 27N180W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 25N168E 1007MB.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N W 
OF 177W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 26N170W TO 23N176W MOVING E 10 KT WILL 
SLOW AFTER 12 HOURS.  ISOLATED TSTMS BETWEEN FRONT AND 158W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 27N165W TO 25N172W.  FRONT 
WILL BEGIN TO MOVE N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.TROUGH FROM 26N153W TO 23N153W TO 18N154W MOVING W 10 KT AND 
WEAKENING.  ISOLATED TSTMS BETWEEN 21N AND 25N BOUNDED BY 143W AND 
151W.

.RIDGE FROM 27N156W TO 22N161W TO 20N170W TO 22N176W NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND WEAKENING.

.RIDGE FROM 22N177E TO 18S171E TO 17S160E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 24N W OF 165E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N 
OF A LINE 21N160E TO 00N176W TO 22N150W TO 22N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 27N160E TO 
30N168E.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 24N160E TO 
22N166E TO 26N173E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF AREA N OF A LINE FROM 
20N160E TO 22N170E TO 00N180W TO 00N169W TO 26N165W TO 26N157W TO 
10N150W TO 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 21 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 162E AND 170E.  
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 22N173E TO 
30N179W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REMAINDER OF AREA N OF A LINE FROM 18N160E 
TO 20N173E TO 30N173W...AND E OF A LINE FROM 30N166W TO 06N174E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 04N AND 06N W OF 166E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N166W TO 07N172W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
BETWEEN ITCZ AND 12N E OF 148W.  ISOLATED TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 
NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.